Lifeline is a plan that assists qualified low-income Iowans by providing a monthly credit on their telephone bill in an amount of $9.25.
Call our office at 857-3211
NOTE: Low-income telephone assistance does not cover the cost of a telephone or the cost of wiring inside your home.
To be eligible for assistance in either, or both of the programs, an applicant must meet income-based criterion currently defined as at or below 135 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines OR participate in at least one of the following:
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Program (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
To sign up for the Low-Income Telephone Assistance Program:
- Fill out the Lifeline application
- Return it to our business office